Press Coverage User Reviews
Really appreciate the refurbishment done by Mint! The camera looks really nice with the new skin.
I got many questions about my new camera so thanks to the wonderful customer service. They are nice and helpful to answer all my questions but it just takes a bit long to wait for an answer. (timezone problem?)
The films are relatively expensive compared with other instant films.
But I really love the texture of the films.
Antonella from Italy
1) with the dark frame polaroid, the white chemical on the bottom top of the photos leaks making many white patches, no problems with the white frame
2) sometimes the camera delayed the output of the polaroid after pressing the shutter, making the final image not as expected since it seems that the photo was not taken during the moment pressing the shutter, but just before it came out it got exposed. the camera sometimes even delayed the output for almost ten seconds, not because of the slower shutter (image exposure ok), but because after u pressed noting happened, then u turn the camera to find out why, then it exposed and usually a photo of the ceiling was taken, very strange. happened average 1 out of 8.
3) B&W contrast very low, colour photo better, personally wont take B&W again (do not want to take extra filters)
4) the time machine not very secured after insert, want to use double side tape or magnet to solve the issues
I am excited when I got the camera in hand, the best design with perfect color matching, it is similar to my antique sx70.
However, I have sold sx70 due to expensive TIP film which is not allowed me for shooting everyday in terms of costing.
TL70 is the best instant camera from officially issued in the world:
- f5.6 ,
- twin lens,
- internal flash lighting,
- grand design,
- 2A battery input,
- the cheapest instant film (instax mini)
these are the advantages what I want before.
However, if taking all camera including modified camera into consideration, TL70 is not the best one due to:
- Auto light detection: don't know what the shutter value is using
- The capture screen is too dark to focus
- without PC sync plug and host shoes
The only downside I have to say about this film. Is that it has this green saturation for all the images, even if you're using the Mint Lens Set's Blue Filter as shown in the landscape photo's.
The camera used to shoot these photo's was a Mint SLR670M and accessories used were the Mint Lens Set and Mint Flash Bar 2.
Settings: Mint Flash Bar 2 set to middle for ND Compensation.
Settings: Blue Filter with Shutter at 1/500
Settings: Blue Filter with Shutter at 1/1000
The last two photos are using Impossible 600 Color Frames Edition.
I am amazed with this camera of making SX-70 alive! I will keep shooting from it!
A instant photographer, Lucile Le Doze wrote a tutorial, "Light Painting with SX-70" on TIP Blog. She wrote everything steps by steps. I appreciated her works and I was inspired by her. Simply,what Lucile did is cover the light meter with a sticker or your finger and set up the camera in a totally dark room. Then, after you click the shutter, it will have 14s exposure time. Within that 14s, you can do the light painting. However, it was a limit that you only had 14s. When I got my SLR670m, I realized the time machine is so powerful to solve this problem. Using the T mode of SLR670m, you can paint as long as you want!!!
Since Lucile already wrote everything in details, I will not go steps by steps. But I do have some tips for you. Here are the link of Lucile's tutorial and my tips.
Tip:1. Cover your flash light by a color filter or paper. It will give you soft light. Otherwise, you may get over expose if you point the light directly to the camera.
2. Remember the ISO is different between 70 and 600 film.
Thanks for reading my reviews and enjoy your life with polaroid.
Thank you mint for bringing this set of lens and filters to all Polaroid shooters. <3
Most SX-70s are perform badly indoors or cloudy day. You will get the blurry and shaky photos due to the longer exposure time. The longest exposure time may even last for 10+seconds. However, you will no longer get this bad experience anymore. This flash works well both with both Polaroid SX-70 and Rainbow camera. Use high power for ISO100 film and low power for ISO600 film. l found it easy to use and tested with some fresh ISO600 films from MiNT, it makes perfectly lighted photos! AWESOME! Furthermore, flash bar 2 has a 2.5mm jack port for you to connect the external flash. lt is possible for you to take pictures on wedding or birthday party now. Highly recommended.